19 févr. 2021

They Called You Dambudzo. A Memoir by Flora Veit-Wild

Yesterday at around 8.30 we met Jane Bryce and Philip Nanton at Batts Rock Beach. When I came back home, I spontaneously decided for any reason to re-read "Me and Dambudzo: A Personal Essay" by our common friend Flora Veit-Wild (Wasifiri, 2012). As it was difficult to read it online, I pasted the text and converted it to a 13 pages Word document. I read half of it. This afternoon I was thinking to finish the remaining pages, when I received the following email from FVW. How amazing is my world! 

"Dear All,

It is a great pleasure to invite you to the South African launch of my memoir They Called You Dambudzo. The online event will take place on 25 February 2021 at 5pm CET  (6pm Southern African time). I will be in conversation with Tinashe Mushakavanhu (WISER Johannesburg) and Shaun Viljoen (Stellenbosch University).

With my very best wishes,
Flora

Please click on this link to register.
https://jacana.everlytic.net/public/messages/view-online/gmXiLgtypmJdEXV7/qPfOHRQc9WYSYvSF/868ea7deeaf706af"

Anyone can join the conversation.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire