19 mars 2013

DRC: Where Logic ends? (G. Gatehouse)

Some days ago I wrote some lines titled "La RDC paradoxale". Yesterday I read an old article by BBC reporter Gabriel Gatehouse with almost the same title: "DRC: Where Logic ends?". The difference is that whereas my reflection is a combination of emotional and passionate feelings, Mr. Gatehouse's statements are based on an insightful and objective examination of the situation. Dated 6 June 2012, the article starts and ends with sayings about the DRC.
1. "Where logic ends, Congo begins"
2. "It looks like heaven, but it feels like hell" (about the eastern Congo)
In the middle of the article one can read
"But the real threat here is not the unstoppable destructive forces of nature. Rather, it's man's insatiable appetite for conflict."
I might not totally agree with the allegations, although they somehow reflect some of my perceptions of this "eternal" war. I am convinced that warlords do not care if the war lasts one, five, ten or twenty years. It is more about ethnic and personal interests than any national quest for peace and prosperity.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire