12 juin 2015

The conference at Cambridge Uni

Cambridge June 11. I arrived yesterday morning, went straight to the Centre for African Studies. First found nobody, then came Lys. We tried my usb onwhichh - had powerpointed my presentation. It did not work. So I spent almost one hour re-writing it on another computer to get a version compatible with the system. The attempt worked out well. I was the first presenter in panel since the regular did not show up. Then I heard two or three presentations on sterility and famili planning in the DRC. Among the 40 presenters I met more or less five Congolese or of Congolese descent. I was even surprised to hear that Pedro Monville knows my uncle Mayengo. at 6pm we had the keynote speech by Prof. Nancy Hunt a former lecturer at Unikin. After a diner with colleagues in an Indian restaurant I ooined my hotel guided by  Emery Kalema, a PhD student at Vets Uni, South Africa. Today is te sxond and last conference day. plan to stay one more day and do oe work at the lbrary, isit a museum, etc. Will be back to London in the evening.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire