9 févr. 2014

"You are worthy to be praised"

"We give You all the glory, we worship  You our Lord, You are worthy to be praised."
I will never forget that. It was some years back. I was driving up Orange Hill going to my house when I heard this song for the first time. Then I heard it a second time during a concert at a Morovian church. From the first time I felt like having moved from this earth to heaven. It is the kind of marvelous melodies that strike your heart so that you get involved in a mysterious or charming world. In my life there are indeed songs, not necessarily christian songs, that move you to the bones. Today whereas my dear ones have gone downtown for shopping, I remembered the melody, looked for it online and found it on Youtube. Although there were many versions, I rather easily found the one I needed. Its title is "Alpha and Omega - Israel and New Breed". The amazement, the enchanting sound was of the same level like the first I heard it. The video even showed people screaming to tears, totally possessed by the Spirit. I usually sing it from times to times, but I only realise now that it is one of my favourite. What can I learn from this experience? That happiness is not necessarily a miraculous feeling, that beauty is inside of us not outside. I am also an artist, but of my way. I am listenning to it whereas I am writing this text. Ideal for charismatic congregations!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire