15 juin 2014

Fathers Day

June 15, 2014. This is a celebration to honour fathers in their creative collaboration with the Allmighty Creator of man and the universe. What I am saying is quite debatable, but it is what I really think. Being a father links you for your whole life, if you take it seriously. You tie yourself to your child by providing the support, the training and the presence your child needs for his development. Being a father can be seen differently: biologically and spiritually. There are unfortunately many fathers in the world who are not fathers, who just happen to have "produced" the child. As a priest I used to greet my biological father the same way he did: "Bonjour mon fils" and I would reciprocate: "Bonjour mon fils" after giving him a heartfelt handshake or embrace.
Now that I have become myself a biological father, now that I am taking care of two twin kids, I feel the heavy and responsible duty of training and providing for them an environment of health, love and happiness. In the end I am giving back the love, the happiness, the faith and the generosity I received from my father, from my fathers. I can call all by name: all my father's best friends, brothers, all my educators, my spiritual fathers, even my friends who were and are there for me. So to say, I tried to be all that to my biological children. I received lovely cards from them with a big I LOVE YOU DAD! They even sent me emails from their new accounts.
Actually from the bottom of my heart I don't like these kinds of célébrations. I am reluctant to receiving so much attention and care, but then I say WHY NOT. Isn't it what life is all about? From now I have to make up my mind to the world and its traditions. It is a way to fully accept fatherhood and its responsibilities.
Two weeks ago or so after church, I saluted some fathers wishing them: "Happy Mothers Day". They would laugh, but it was obvious that there would be no fathers if there were no mothers, and vice-versa. Therefore I extend my wish of Happy Fathers Day to all mothers.
Happy Fathers Day to all fathers of the world!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire