23 mars 2018

"I Can't Blame the Young Generation"

This morning at the Beach. I finished swimming and came back to the common showers to get rid of the salty water when I heard a Rastaman saying: "I can't blame the young generation for acting as they do." I was impressed by the seriousness of the purpose and listened carefully to his words. I will try to repeat them as exactly as can be.
"I can't blame the youth because they do not have any moral mentor to refer to. Adults are all wicked, selfish, corrupt. Adults do not show them good examples. Open the papers: all you read is madness, crazy killings, robberies, injustice, drugs, and so on. How can they act any better if society does not provide them with positive deeds.  How can they discover the sense of truth, good actions if they have never been exposed to them?
Look at politicians. The ones governing now are doing the same things they used to blame the former government for, when they were in opposition. They promised to eradicate corruption, nothing has been done, nothing has changed. They are now the ones who are corrupt. Etc."
The Rastaman continued his speech, but I had to leave. Thank you man for your clear statements about youth and society.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire