7 avr. 2015

You little boy

Arpil 7, 2015 around 9.00 am. This morning as Madeleine asked me to help her unlock the house door, she wanted to get out but I stopped her.
- Wait please. Try it again so you will not need help any more.
- Be patient, you little boy.
- Hey, whom are you talking to like that?
- You, Daddy.
- I am your dad.
- But you were a little boy too, years ago.
- Yes ago but not any more.
- You are still God's boy.
- I think it would be more correct to say: God's son.
- Hum... You might be right.
- I am.
These are the kinds of discussions I happen to have almost every day. In the past used to get angry, but now I have opted to take it easy, not to challenge them and try to understand the bottom line of the children's thoughts.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire