5 août 2020

Rest in peace Woodie

Woodie was a fisherman. We used to go buy fish by him. Tonight I was told that he passed away almost a year ago without us knowing. He was such a nice person to us; he would cath and keep the best fish for us and call us to collect it. Then he lost his boat, moved to Oistins for a while and worked for other fishermen. The last time I met him was near his house at University Drive. I was buying a medicine at a pharmacy when he came across the road to join me. He showed me his house and invited me to visit him whenever possible. The visit never took place. We knew some relatives of him at the fish market where he used to sell his fish. He died of asthma on a boat far away from the coast. Woodie did so much for us,  he was there for us, assisting us at a time when we still discovering Barbados and the People of Barbados. May his soul rest in peace! Respect and honour to my Bajan friend.   

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire